Gang CasesResults-Driven Strategies to Protect Your Rights
Gang Crime Lawyer
Gang Enhancement Defense in Solano County
Due to California's gang enhancement laws, judges are given the ability to impose longer and stricter sentences for crimes that are committed by gang members. Unfortunately, the ability to severely punish suspected gang members who are committing a crime on behalf of their group is often misused by law enforcement officials, and those who are acting alone or even completely innocent may end up suffering unfair consequences. If you have been charged with a gang enhancement, it is essential to consult with an experienced Fairfield gang crime defense attorney who can help you explore your potential defenses.
We defend gang crime cases in the following Counties,
Solano, Contra Costa, Napa & Yolo
Under California law, a judge may add additional penalties for a gang-related felony, including:
- An additional 2 - 4 years at the judge's discretion upon conviction of a felony
- An additional 5 years for a conviction of a serious felony
- An additional 10 years for conviction of a violent felony
- An additional 15 years for conviction of a felony involving a home invasion robbery, carjacking, shooting into an inhabited dwelling, or shooting from a motor vehicle
- A life sentence if the felony conviction carries the potential for such a crime
- Additional time, at the judge's discretion, for conviction of a felony that occurred within 1,000 feet of an open school
Proven Defense from Our Fairfield Gang Crime Lawyer
There are several strong defenses to a gang enhancement. These include challenging the underlying felony, asserting that you are not an active participant of a gang, showing that you were acting alone rather than for the benefit of a gang, and more.
At The Maher Law Group, APC, a Fairfield criminal lawyer can meticulously analyze all the details related to your crime and explore all your possible defenses. We always come prepared for either negotiations or for trial. You can count on us to fight using either strategy until we deliver the best possible result. We realize not everyone wants to go to trial, some cases need to be settled.
Have our attorney look over your charges for FREE. You can reach us by calling (888) 744-3057.