HomicideResults-Driven Strategies to Protect Your Rights
Attorney in Fairfield
Types of Murder & Manslaughter Charges in California
Homicide occurs when one individual deliberately and unlawfully kills another. Depending on the specific circumstances, you may be charged with either murder or manslaughter, both of which have varying degrees of severity. If you are facing homicide charges, it is essential to consult with an experienced Solano County homicide defense lawyer before speaking with any law enforcement officials. Maximize your chances of a favorable result by working with an attorney first.
The types of homicide that you can be charged with in the State of California include:
- First-Degree Murder - The deliberate and premeditated killing of another person without aggravating circumstances.
- Second-Degree Murder - The intentional, yet not deliberate or premeditated, killing of another person.
- Voluntary Manslaughter - The unintended killing of another person due to a sudden quarrel or in the heat of passion.
- Involuntary Manslaughter - The unintentional killing of another person under circumstances that involved a high risk of death or great bodily harm without due caution or circumspection.
- Vehicular Manslaughter - The unintentional killing of another person by a driver that is negligent, grossly negligent, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Start building your defense in a FREE case evaluation.
Explore Your Defense Options: Contra Costa
Homicide involves serious penalties, and we understand that you are facing some of the most severe penalties under the law. This is why we won't give up until we reach the best possible result. From scrutinizing law enforcement investigation procedures to launching our own independent investigation to look for additional details, we work hard to provide the strongest defense possible.
If you are interested in exploring your potential defenses, feel free to contact us. We can look into your case to determine whether self-defense, defense of another, coerced confessions, unlawful searches and seizures, or another defense may be used. Our Fairfield criminal defense attorney is well-versed in common defense tactics and the cutting-edge strategies available to serious charges like murder. In fact, he has handled numerous high-profile cases featured in the media, with much success.