DUI DefenseResults-Driven Strategies to Protect Your Rights
Fairfield DUI Lawyer
Protecting Your Driving Privileges & Securing Your Freedom
If you have been arrested for drunk driving or drugged driving, your finances, career, and reputation are all under threat. You need a strong legal defense. You deserve to have a legal advocate who will battle for your every legal right, from protecting your driving privileges to securing your freedom. At The Maher Law Group, APC, you can find trial-tested, aggressive defense that gets results.
Why Choose Our DUI Defense Lawyers?
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 in North California
- More Than 100 Jury Trials Handled Successfully
- Fearless & Aggressive Defense, even in High-Profile Cases
- Criminal Law Expert - Certified by the California Board of Legal Specialization
Proudly Serving the following Counties, Solano, Contra Costa, Napa & Yolo
Facing charges for DUI? Request a FREE DUI consultation to discuss what you should do next.
What are the California DUI Penalties?
Under California law, individuals may be charged with driving under the influence (DUI) if they operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Repeat offenders may face longer jail sentences, heftier fines, and longer license suspensions. Because your freedom, driving privileges, and reputation are all at stake, it is important to retain the services of an experienced Solano County DUI attorney to take on your case and fight your DUI charges.
The legal Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) is.08 for those over the age of 21, .01 for those under the age of 21, and .04 for those operating a commercial vehicle. In California DUI laws also include illegal drugs and prescription medications. The law does not allow you to operate a vehicle while under the influence of these medications or the use of illegal drugs. The California DUI penalties can be very serious.
First-time offenders may face anywhere from:
- 4 days to 6 months in jail
- Up to $1000 in fines
- A license suspension from 30 days to 10 months
- Installation of an Interlock Ignition Device (IID) in their vehicle
Possible penalties for a second DUI conviction:
- 96 hours to one year in jail
- $390 to $1,000 in fines
- A license suspension for two years and a 12-month administrative suspension if caught driving with a BAC of .08% or higher (generally allowed to overlap)
- Probation for three years
Possible penalties for a third DUI conviction:
- 120 days to one year in jail
- $390 to $1,000 in fines
- A license suspension for three years and a 12-month administrative suspension if caught driving with a BAC of .08% or higher (generally allowed to overlap)
- Probation for three to five years
Build Your Case & Strengthen Your DUI Defense
At The Maher Law Group, APC, our firm can ask some of the following questions to strengthen your defense:
- Did law enforcement officials have probable cause to pull you over in the first place?
- Were all breathalyzer and sobriety tests properly administered and recorded?
- Was any evidence recorded by law enforcement?
- Were you read your rights before questioning occurred?
If you are facing a DUI-related charge, including for a chemical test refusal, our DUI attorney is ready to help you challenge your charges and protect your driving privileges.